My name is Cameron Mitchell and I am a professional basketball player, currently playing for the Warrnambool Seahawks in Australia. After graduating from Willamette University in 2010, I have played professional basketball in Mexico, Ireland,Chile, and Australia This blog gives the reader an insight about my experiences playing basketball overseas.

Monday, August 29, 2011

The Grand Finals

Whats up people? Hope everyones doing well.  The season in Australia just ended this past weekend, as we lost to Geelong in the grand final series, 2-1.
1,000 or so people packed our home stadium, "The Arc" for game 1 of the series. It was an amazing atmosphere and we won the game by 10 in overtime, despite being down by 16 pts in the 1st half.  It was a great win and was our 14th consecutive victory. Shout out to all of our fans for their great support all season.
Many of the Warrnambool faithful made the 2 hour trip the following week to watch the 2nd and 3rd games in Geelong. Unfortunately, the weekend didnt go too well for us. We lost game 2 by 16 and fell in the third game to end our season.
Here is a small news highlight about our semifinal win against Whittlesea.
Despite the sour end to the year, we have a lot to be proud of. The Seahawks made the grand final for the 1st time in 11 years and we finished the season 17-8. For me personally, I had a great year in Australia. I really enjoyed the team and the people of W'bool and am hoping to come back next year.
For now, I am unemployed for the first time in a while. I'm looking to play in Europe or  South America for this upcoming season, but havent received any offers yet. Tomorrow I am traveling to Sydney for a few days and then I head back to Portland a week from today.
Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment